Welcome to GringosAbroad!
Hi! We’re Bryan and Dena – and we are the editors of GringosAbroad. What started as a small blog to document our life abroad has grown to become the largest English language blog about Ecuador.
We blog about travel, living, and real estate in Ecuador. While we cover areas around the country, we have special focus on the city of Cuenca and surrounding regions. To help you get to know more about other areas, we have a special feature of Ecuador expat interviews.
Looking for an Ecuador doctor, lawyer or real estate agent? Or maybe a hotel or travel agency? Check out our new Ecuador Business Directory!
Because Ecuador is a Spanish-speaking country, we had to learn the language. We’ve written a lot about learning Spanish, including the best book (chosen by our readers), realities of total immersion and the books and courses we used to learn Spanish.
Check out our latest posts:
- US Expat Tax Advice: Do I Have to Pay US Taxes as an Expat?
- Moving to Ecuador? How the New Ley de Movilidad Humana Affects You
- 21 Weird and Interesting Facts About Ecuador (That You Might Not Know)
- Hamadryade Lodge: Eco-Chic Adventure in Ecuador’s Amazon Jungle
- What do People in Ecuador Eat? My Favorite 15 Foods
Some of our favorite Ecuador videos
Check out our latest blog posts