Welcome to GringosAbroad!
Hi! We’re Bryan and Dena – and we are the editors of GringosAbroad. What started as a small blog to document our life abroad has grown to become the largest English language blog about Ecuador.
We blog about travel, living, and real estate in Ecuador. While we cover areas around the country, we have special focus on the city of Cuenca and surrounding regions. To help you get to know more about other areas, we have a special feature of Ecuador expat interviews.
Because Ecuador is a Spanish-speaking country, we had to learn the language. We’ve written a lot about learning Spanish, including the best book (chosen by our readers), realities of total immersion and the books and courses we used to learn Spanish.
Check out our latest posts:
- 7 Things to Do in Quito Ecuador (Weekend Trip)
- Meet Cassie McClellan, an American Living in Otavalo Ecuador
- Where is Quito Located? Altitude, Longitude & Latitude of Quito Ecuador
- Semilla Verde Hotel Review (Galapagos Spa, Giant Tortoises, Coffee Plantation…)
- 13 Facts About Ecuador’s Golden Berry: Andean Uvilla Fruit
Some of our favorite Ecuador videos
Check out our latest blog posts