Thanks for your interest in guest blogging on GringosAbroad.
We want to provide a broad perspective about traveling and living abroad – and that’s where you come in. Check out some recent guest posts.
Here’s how we will promote your post:
- Back-link in the header/footer of each post
- Keyworded title and tags
- Promoted to our Twitter / Facebook communities. Depending on the nature and depth of the post, some will be promoted to our email list.
- And, of course, our regular readers will check out your post.
Contributed content must be unique. It cannot be copied from another site – or posted on another site after. Why do we require exclusivity? In a word: Google. When Google indexes the content, it will appear that one of us stole the content from the other. Either we both get penalized, one of us does, or the most recent post gets filtered from the search engines.
If a guest post on our site is republished somewhere else, we’ll remove it from our site. The Google penalty isn’t worth it.
Use a Teaser Post to Promote your Guest Post on GringosAbroad
While you can’t republish your guest post on your site, you can post a teaser post (with unique content) to promote your post on our site. A teaser post helps your readers see where you’ve been published. It will raise your profile, and they will still get to read your post.
Guest Post Topics
We are interested to receive guest posts on the following topics:
- Travel and expat life, from a single, couple or family perspective
- Real estate/ Tourism
- Saving money while traveling / living abroad
- Earning money while traveling / living abroad
- Specific city/region/country information
For ideas of how to structure your post, check out: 73 Blog Post Ideas
All posts must be centered around travel and expat life.
Things we want to hear about:
- What your kids think about your planned escape overseas
- Why you chose to travel
- Fun things to do in _____
- Why you sold all your stuff to move abroad
- How you quit your job for an 18 month sabbatical
- How to … travel and planning articles
Things we DON’T want to hear about:
- How to prevent toe fungus
- Why Forex Trading is best thing since sliced bread
- How to save on prescription drugs
- Why your company is the best company…
- Tips for repairing your fiberglass canoe
The Dreaded Rejection
While we receive many submissions, it isn’t possible to publish them all. Submissions can be rejected for a number of reasons.
Reasons why your post may be rejected:
- Negative or confrontational tone
- Derogatory stereotypes
- Copied from your (or someone else’s) blog – see Exclusivity above
- Covering topics that have already been done
- Overly promotional
If your post is rejected, you are free to publish it on your own site or guest post somewhere else.