New to GringosAbroad? Start Here!
We realize it might be a little overwhelming to sort out the hundreds of pages, and thousands of comments here. To help, we’ve created this handy guide.
Have you seen our Expat Family Handbook? It covers common obstacles faced by expat families – regardless of where they move – and how to overcome them.
What GringosAbroad Covers
Our seven major topics are:
- Expat hacks: Learn shortcuts and tricks to an easier life abroad
- Language learning: Learn about tools and approaches needed to learn any language
- Expats everywhere: This is our expat guest blogging series. Learn from expats living all over the world.
- Product reviews: Detailed reviews of the tools and services that expats use every day.
- Expat / travel gear: The stuff you need to know about: apps, luggage, programs, and gadgets.
- Where to live: We cover the top areas for expats and long term travelers all around the world.
- Working abroad: Learn how so many gringos can afford to move abroad.
Want to see all the posts that we’ve ever created? Check out our site archives. All posts are by Bryan and Dena (learn more about us), and the occasional guest blogger. Want to connect with us? You can find us on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube. Or sign-up for our weekly newsletter to keep up-to-date on all the new stuff. Don’t forget to buy travel insurance before leaving on your trip. We use and recommend World Nomads (Read review)
Here are some of our more popular posts on the sites:
More Expat Hacks
- How To Make Better Photos (With Your Current Camera)
- How to Peel a Mango in 8 Seconds
- How To Take Vaccines Like a Superhero
- Learn Spanish on the Go: The Pimsleurs Concept
- How to Litter Train a Puppy: A Lazy Way to Ease Culture Shock
Read More Product Reviews
- 11 Books & Courses We Used to Learn Spanish
- Take Better Travel Photos (8 Best Photography Books)
- Reader Question: What Luggage Do You Recommend?
- How to Buy International Travel Insurance
- How To Make Better Photos (With Your Current Camera) Book Review
- How to Make Money with Your Travel Blog
- How To Teach English Overseas
- Live or Retire Overseas DVD: Granada and San Juan del Sur, Nicaragua
Learn About Expats Everywhere
- Belize Expat Life: Sharon Hiebing, San Ignacio Town, Cayo District
- Jordan Expat Life: Laura Rihani, Amman
- Gabon Expat Life: Jay St John, Port Gentil West Africa
- Moving Abroad or Traveling With Kids? A Few Things To Look Out For
- 17 Best Expat Books to Help You Plan a Successful Relocation
- Gringo Superiority Complex
Learn About the Haines Family
- 31 Firsts of Our First 18 Months
- Culture Shock in Canada: Our Trip Home
- Why We Miss the Halifax Waterfront in Nova Scotia
- Nova Scotia Fish and Chips
- Another 5 Great Reasons to Travel (more cheekiness)
- What We Would Have Done Differently in Our Move