Gringos Abroad Traveler Resources
There is no shortage of websites for travelers – but which ones actually are worth looking at? We have built this page to share our favorites. New here? Start here!
Free Travel Tools
- Online Conversion – Convert everything from inches to centimeters, miles to kilometers to clothing sizes, area, dates, temperature and power. The best I’ve seen.
- Universal Currency Converter (by XE.com) – Convert any currency (and amount) to any other currency that exists. Is there another option?
- World Time Buddy – one of the best timezone conversion tools that I’ve seen.
- World Nomads – The best (most flexible) travel insurance that we’ve ever bought. They cover residents of more than 150 countries, including Canada, the States and Ecuador. No more being in limbo – get covered and start traveling. (Read review)
- Getting Out of Auto – Take Better Travel Photos (Read review)
- How to Make Money with Your Travel Blog – an actionable and useful guide to profiting from your travel blog. (Read review)
- How to Teach English Overseas (Read review)
- Nomadic Matts Travel Tips
- Empire Building Kit: Learn how to build a lifestyle funding business in just a few minutes a day.
- Audible.com – get English books and training materials on your iPod, smart phone or laptop.
- Skype – the hands-down leader in travel communication. Instant message, voice or video options make it perfect for travelers. Free for computer to computer, and virtually free for calls to land-lines. We purchased a phone number (based in the US) but rings through to our computer where ever we are in the world. Great stuff.
- Dropbox – its a great way to share files between computers. Files (music, data, video) all sync across your computers and its free. You get 2gb free, forever. Never a charge. I sync my PC, laptop and Dena’s laptop all with the same account. Worth checking out.
- Pimsleurs Language Learning Learn Spanish with just 30 minutes per day.