Find Your Next Adventure in Ecuador!
Welcome to GringosAbroad!
Hi! We’re Bryan and Dena – and we are the editors of GringosAbroad. What started as a small blog to document our life abroad has grown to become the largest English language blog about Ecuador.
We blog about travel, living, and real estate in Ecuador. While we cover all areas around the country, we have special focus on the city of Cuenca and surrounding regions. We have also produced the ultimate guide to Ecuador beaches. To help you get to know more about other areas, we have a special feature of Ecuador expat interviews.
Because Ecuador is a Spanish-speaking country, we had to learn the language. We’ve written a lot about learning Spanish, including the best book (chosen by our readers), realities of total immersion and the books and courses we used to learn Spanish.
Check out our latest posts:
- Tortuga Bay, Galapagos: 9 Things to Know Before You Visit (Climate, Location, Safety, Map…)
- Why I’m Living in Coastal Ecuador: Santa Marianita (Inge Van den Herrewegen)
- 3 Months Exploring Ecuador: Our Top 12 Experiences, Dishes & Attractions
- What is Ecuador Famous For? 16 Fameworthy People, Places, Foods…
- 7 Ways to Mess Up Your Ecuador Property Purchase
Some of our favorite Ecuador videos
Check out our latest blog posts