Have you traveled through Quito Ecuador recently?
When the new airport opened just over a year ago, one of the big complaints was the cost to get back and forth to the city.
Taxi rates were quoted to be as high as $50 each way.
Well, here we are a year later and and things aren’t that bad. The airport has a good reputation and there seems to be lots of transportation. There are shuttles, buses and taxis everywhere there. How much does it cost to take a taxi from the airport?
Check out our review of Quito airport hotel.
Quito Airport Taxi Rates
The average rate seems to be between $25-30 each way. Some are under $20 and others almost to $50.
This photo was taken just a couple of weeks ago as we traveled through the Quito airport. As you leave the airport, you’ll see this large sign. (Click on the image to view it at full size. Clicking once will open it in a new tab. Clicking it the second time will open it at full screen.)
See text copy of the rates below the image.
Overview of Quito Airport Taxi Rates
- Norte (Carcelén, Monteserrin, Rumiñahui, etc.): $22.50 – $27.00
- Centro Norte (Jipijapa, Altamira, Carolina, Bellavista, etc.): $22 – $27
- Centro Sur (La Villa Flora, El Recreo, La Magdalena Baja): $27 – $29
- Centro (Centro Historico: Plaza Grande, Asamblea, El Dorado, El Ejido, El Trebol): $26.00
- Sur (Quitumbe, Solanda, La Ecuatoriana, etc.): $28 – $33.50
- Parroquias: A huge range in price from Tumbaco ($13.50) to S. Antonio P. ($47.50)
What has been your experience with the Quito airport? Have you traveled by shuttle or taxi back and forth?