New to GringosAbroad? Start Here!
We realize it might be a little overwhelming to sort out the hundreds of pages, and thousands of comments here. To help, we’ve created this handy guide.
Have you seen our Expat Family Handbook? It covers common obstacles faced by expat families – regardless of where they move – and how to overcome them.
In addition to expat posts (see below) we also write lots about traveling in Ecuador. The four major topics we write about are:
Learn About Cuenca Ecuador
- What’s it like to live in Cuenca?
- My Top 10 Favorite Things about Cuenca, Ecuador
- Why We Chose Cuenca
- Is Cuenca Safe for Expats?
- 3 Ways to Find Rental Property in Cuenca, Ecuador
- Cuenca’s “Spring-Like” Climate – What it Really Means
Learn About Living in Ecuador
- Has the Cost of Living Increased in Ecuador?
- What Can I Bring to Ecuador?
- Ecuador for Kids – Keeping the Kids Happy
- A Week in the Galapagos Islands
Learn About Moving Abroad
Learn About the Haines Family
- New Episode of House Hunters International: Haines Family in Cuenca Ecuador
- Two Years In Ecuador: Why We Moved, Why We Stay
- Cost of Living in Ecuador: Haines Family in Cuenca, Fall 2010
- Taking a Hike in the Andes
Check out our How To Series
Check out the full set of Ecuador living posts.
- How to Get a Car and Drivers License in Ecuador – The Guide
- How to Do Your Banking in Ecuador (for Canadians)
- How To Receive International Shipments in Ecuador
- How to Open an Ecuador Bank Account
- How To Shop at an Open Market in Ecuador
What GringosAbroad Covers
- Expat hacks: Learn shortcuts and tricks to an easier life abroad
- Product reviews: Detailed reviews of the tools and services that expats use every day.
- Expat / travel gear: The stuff you need to know about: apps, luggage, programs, and gadgets.
- Where to live: We cover the top areas for expats and long term travelers all around the world.
- Working abroad: Learn how so many gringos can afford to move abroad.
Here are some of our more popular posts on the sites:
More Expat Hacks
- How To Make Better Photos (With Your Current Camera)
- How to Peel a Mango in 8 Seconds
- How To Take Vaccines Like a Superhero
- Learn Spanish on the Go: The Pimsleurs Concept
- How to Litter Train a Puppy: A Lazy Way to Ease Culture Shock
Read More Product Reviews
- 11 Books & Courses We Used to Learn Spanish
- Take Better Travel Photos (8 Best Photography Books)
- Reader Question: What Luggage Do You Recommend?
- How to Buy International Travel Insurance
- How To Make Better Photos (With Your Current Camera) Book Review
Learn About Expats Everywhere
- Moving Abroad or Traveling With Kids? A Few Things To Look Out For
- 17 Best Expat Books to Help You Plan a Successful Relocation
- Gringo Superiority Complex
Learn About the Haines Family
- 31 Firsts of Our First 18 Months
- Culture Shock in Canada: Our Trip Home
- Why We Miss the Halifax Waterfront in Nova Scotia
- Nova Scotia Fish and Chips
- Another 5 Great Reasons to Travel (more cheekiness)
- What We Would Have Done Differently in Our Move