You have just landed at the Cuenca airport and you are anxious to begin your Ecuador adventure.
But first, you wonder what you will say to people trying to help you. Everyone speaks Spanish, a language you are not familiar with.
So what will you say?
Here are a few simple phrases you need to know when you arrive at the airport.
9 Spanish Expressions for the Airport
1. Donde está el baño? [Where is the bathroom] That is pretty important. We all want to know how to say that! It wouldn’t be very nice to be stranded at an airport and not be able to ask where the bathroom is.
2. Cuando sale el vuelo a ____? [When does flight to ____ leave?] That is also important! You would be in quite a pickle if you didn’t know when your flight left. All you have to fill in is the name of the place your going.
3. Quiero pedir ____. [I want to order___.] This is for when you want to order food at one of the little fast food booths You can’t go very long without a snack, at least I can’t!
4. Gracias [Thank you] You could use it after you order something. Then the employee might say “De nada” which means “your welcome”.
5. Puerta numero ____ [Gate number____.] You will hear this on the loudspeakers at the airport. The numbers one to ten are : uno, dos, tres, cuatro, cinco, seis, siete, ocho, nueve, diez.
6. Disculpe [Excuse me.] This is very important for asking someone something and not sounding like a rude gringo.
7. Puede Ayudarme? [Can you help me?] This is also important!
8. Donde puedo recojer mis maletas? [Where can I pick up my baggage?]
9. Que hora es? [What time is it?]
Well, I hope that will help you some. I will be doing these Spanish phrases every month. You can print them off and keep them in your pocket. I hope they help! Sometimes a couple of travel tips can make a good trip great!
Many of our readers are using Rocket Spanish to learn Spanish online.
P.S. – What phrases would you add to the list? Please add them in the comments below!